Teachers everywhere have been silenced. Decisions are being made without us. Maybe you don’t have a union and so you feel like you have no voice. This is not the case, but it is what the system would have you believe.
As teachers, we are both advocates and natural truth seekers. I started off during COVID watching updates and numbers rise, all to find out that medical offices get paid more, to “claim its COVID”. This information came from one of my own providers. How jacked up is that? So now, what actual numbers are we looking at? and what should be our response for schools?
Who do we trust about what protects us and what doesn’t?
Now that schools are beginning to open back up, a lot of people are making the decisions that teachers should be a part of, without the teachers input. WHY ARE WE ALLOWING THIS? Just because something has always been done a certain way, does not make it right. On that same note, shouldn’t students also have a say? I mean we teach for them right? (I do!)
So, what do we do?
- Advocate for at least two teachers and two students to be a part of the school board. That way, we keep the family feel! I love that about my school, there isn’t much we wouldn’t do for each other.
- When you hear a statistic, research the crap out of it. Please don’t blindly follow what you hear on the news.
- We voice concerns and don’t back down when it’s something that you believe in. Grab your mic, and let your voice be heard. Don’t just settle for what has “always been”.
- Stand up against the unjust, refuse to be silent.
- Love those in your life, in the community, and around the world.
- If all else fails, Try to focus on the kids and keep up your positivity.
We are in this fight together, that means we need to work together!
Be encouraged my friends! I see you, I hear you and I feel you! You are essential, and you are loved!!