Want to know something I don’t really tell a lot of people? When I lost my 47 pounds, it wasn’t from working out. It was changing the way that I ate!
Working out helped, but the majority of my weightless came from the kitchen. Want to know a couple of my secrets?
- Drink half your body weight in water a day. Drinking water helps get rid of unwanted waste, it hydrates you without giving you added calories like Gatorade or Powerade might do and it often times when you are “hungry”, you are actually just thirsty. Try it, you won’t regret it!
- Eat fresh veggies 2x a day. This doesn’t seem like much right? but it is so beneficial to your body. Veggies aren’t packed full of crap, they have all of the vitamins and minerals you need to be your healthiest self.
- Park further away. This seems so small and silly right? It works I promise, because if we add up all of these seemingly small methods for weightless, what do you think we get? Change!! Healthy habits, creates a healthier you! Park further away instead of close, and walk. Think of it as you doing a service to someone who needs a closer parking spot 🙂
- Trade your white salt for pink Himalayan salt. The list of benefits is endless for Himalayan pink salt my friends, but here are a few: it strengthens bones, lowers blood pressure, increases hydration, balances your PH levels, and balances you’re electrolytes. Aren’t those enough reasons alone?
- Trade your white sugar for coconut sugar. Coconut sugar Is not only lower in calories than white sugar, but it is also packed with healthy fats, and prevents high cholesterol and hear disease. Worth it right?
- Trade your white flour for almond flour. The consistency will be different, but for a lot of people wheat flour really messes with your body, particularly digestion. It honestly makes me feel like crap! Almond flour is packed full of protein, and healthy carbs. I love it!
- Don’t even buy the temptations. Your kids and spouses will adjust, I promise. When you stop eating junk, you stop craving it! Trust me!
These are my top recommendations for a great start to your weightless journey! 🙂 I would love to hear your suggestions too and I have included links for products that I mentioned above and love! 🙂
Note: These are affiliate links, which just means I get a small percentage of the sale. These are items that I use every day 🙂 Let me know if you have questions!
1. Almond Flour
2. Coconut Sugar
3. Pink Salt